Thursday, September 28, 2006

FREE ADMISSION: Museum Day 2006

First off, Brian Bannon (and the improvisors) did a great job last night at Doug Dank. Andisheh took pictures. Maybe he'll send one i can post here. (?)
~Cool! Thanks~
If you weren't there, you should've been! Where were you, anyway? I baked pre-made cookies. I popped corn using microwaves. I opened beers for people. I threw the breaker. I breaked the threwer. What were you doing, again?


Now about the museums:
Free
entry to museums nationwide on Saturday, 30 September 2006, as part of the Smithsonian-sponsored Museum Day. You have to download the Museum Day Card to gain free entry for 2 people. Visit the site for the list of participating museums (by state).

For all the details and to print the card, click here.

For the Atlantans:
Fernbank Science Center
Phone: 678-874-7102

High Museum of Art
Phone: 404.733.4400

Martin Luther King, Jr. National Historic Site
Phone: (404) 331-5190

Michael C. Carlos Museum
Phone: 404-727-4282

PUPPETS: The Power of Wonder, at Center for Puppetry Arts
Phone: 404.873.3089

What's that? Are There Any Restrictions?
General admission only
Not valid for special exhibits, IMAX screenings or for use with any other offer.
One time use on September 30, 2006.
Some participating museums may already have a free admission policy year round and are participating in the "spirit" of the day.
...How museumy of them.

5 Comments:

Blogger Andisheh Nouraee said...

Bully.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Andisheh Nouraee said...

What I meant by that is, of course, that I've made some of my photos available on my Flickr page. You are welcome to link to them above.

You Bully!

4:01 PM  
Blogger maryk said...

I thought maybe you, Mack and Clunky might be extra excited.
~mk

5:24 PM  
Blogger maryk said...

And Bo-d. The science thing and all.

5:25 PM  
Blogger ablebody said...

badical. gonna hit that FERN-CARLOS-HIGH-KING-PUPPET circuit.
thanks for the post!!!

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home