Monday, August 22, 2005

There's no "I" in Blog

I don't even see an "M" or an "E".
I usually like to make that clever comment about the word "Team."
Someone said recently that they thought blogs were self-indulgent.
I don't think that's true.
I just like writing my thoughts.
I like it. Me, I like it.
I get enjoyment out of reading other people's thoughts, too, not just when they include something about me, either, but just especially when they include me.
I even enjoy posting my comments on other people's blogs, even when I'm not sure what the hell their blog was talking about.
I think it's nice for them to see my name there, that I care, or I'm acting like I care, so others can see that I'm reading, commenting, caring.
I don't even care if people read this or not.
I think that comment of mine is analogous to the whole tree in the forest thing, something about a tree in a forest and somebody reading something close by and not hearing it or something.
I guess cuz they were reading and not paying attention to the "Tree" which I think is supposed to represent your old age or something.

So this isn't self-indulgent, this is just the unstoppable force of my thoughts which have finally found a suitable and loving home.
I'd write my blog even if nobody else read it or commented on it, but me.
I look forward to hearing what you think about me and my blog.

HEEHAW.

4 Comments:

Blogger rp said...

I didn't even know you had a blog til I sifted through all my junkmail comments to find at least one friend, all the way at the bottom of the pile. I was also spammed by some douche who writes a blog called "Comedy Writer Zingers."

8:47 PM  
Blogger maryk said...

bo-d,
I worried that you'd think I was actually trying to disprove your theory...then I was all like, she get it.

12:18 PM  
Blogger ablebody said...

bo-d got a blog 2 now. it's the most self-indulgent of them all. it sits there void of text and STILL expects us to check it everyday... perhaps that's all bo-d is thinking...i'll read all ya'll's bitch-ass thoughts. i think chix have pissy moods that make fer great rants a couple X's a month.

3:00 PM  
Blogger Anne Elser said...

Jesus Christ Mary you are so fucking funny!
Amen to the whole blog thing. Self indulgent??? Try listening to one night of Prarie Home Companion and survive Garrison's monotone monologue. Yer blog is a thousand times better. AND you're funny. AND you're nice.

AND I happen to like the word "I".

AND you.

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home