Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Skip! Giggle! Squeal!


Mary's, the, uh, well, it's a gay bar -- i think that's pretty clear, and i think they're pretty proud of that -- in East Atlanta, is having a Beach Party night, tomorrow/Thursday. They're showing Stomp! Shout! Scream! and Jay Edwards is gonna help DJ (??!). He's promised a whole set of monkey songs. Come out and have a drink. do you like monkeys and drinks? and screaming? and mary kraft in a film playing the electric bass? ...kind of? and gay bars that are sort of fun?

Only thing is, it conflicts with the Francis Ford Coppola ta-doo at the Rialto. It's really just about the same thing, so.
Also, I hear the FFC thing is sold out.

4 Comments:

Blogger John J. said...

I love that film. Jay gave me a copy when I first met him last year. Best "Bass" performance, Mary. ^__^


...I feel like watching it now... I think I will in a bit. :)

8:46 PM  
Blogger onthetowns said...

Monkey songs or Monkees songs? Only one will convince me to show up, but I'm not telling which.

4:19 PM  
Blogger maryk said...

MONKEY!

and i bet that was the one that would get you out. ...though i hope you did go, i wasn't able to make it cuz i went to that Francie Coppola (that's what i call him now) talk back thingee at the rialto and it ran loooooooooong.

3:14 AM  
Blogger ablebody said...

erp. saw this a day late, and a dollar short. still haven't seen the film.......maybe one day, and a dollar tall?

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home