Monday, August 06, 2007

Bertrand Russell

One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyranny.


I wonder what my Savannah Christian high school reunion alum friends this weekend would have thought if I'd given this to them as the answer to their question, "why don't you guys get married?!"

I didn't have this on the tip of my tongue, though.
What i wanted to say was "Religion and government tell me i should do it, so that makes me not do it."

What i tell them for brevity and ease is "Ehhh, we'll see! ....yes, another miller lite."

1 Comments:

Blogger Overdroid said...

More answers:

"My Satan would not approve. But he lets me have all the oral sex I want!"

"Why don't you guys get divorced!"

"I enjoy having sex and I wouldn't want it to stop."

"I'm afraid to go into a church because it might burn me."

"We are married. In the eyes of Thor."

"It might impede our war on Christmas."

"Why don't you build a time machine and go back to the middle ages!"

Feel free to use them at will.

4:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home