Sunday, December 28, 2008

best part of waking up...

yesterday morning, i took me and my baby to meet up with a few film folk at a coffee shop. As i hurriedly gathered up my belongings, and all the baby accessories required to take a baby out of one's home, i thought, "i better drink that water there."

See, everyone needs water, lots of it. But when you're nursing, you can literally feel it being drained out of your membranes and tissue. So, obviously, you need LOTS of water. And i have numerous cups and glasses around the house with water in them. So, i grabbed this glass on the coffee table, and downed the last of the water.

Sometimes? Water tastes like the un-drunk, last sips of an 8 hour old, room-temp vodka tonic that Dan made the night before. Water's funny that way. Really funny.

2 Comments:

Blogger Fierce-Rabbit said...

My kids' dad I were dyed-in-the-wool Mormons when they were all born, so water never tasted like vodka tonics...other weird stuff occasionally, but never vodka tonics.

1:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Surprise, surprise, surprise!... that's not my finger!", Gomer Pyle.

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home