Sunday, September 18, 2005

"Booger" -- it'snot what you think it is.

Somewhere along the line, "title" became synonymous with pun-laden horse crap.
Booger, though, ok, it's the name of a short film I just played a small role in last weekend. Some guys who work for Turner in production (director and asst. director), Ken Horstmann and Greg Daniels of Out of the Cage Productions wrote this with another guy whose name I just don't know. Sorry guy! *EDIT NOTE: "guy's" name is Butch Siebert. * The story follows the path of a ....booger from Brian Bannon's nose through an office during the day's work. In my little scene, I'm a mousy cat-lady-type named Katie, walking down the hallway with a load of papers. I round a corner blindly and collide with a guy I've had a crush on (out of my league-hunky-type, supposedly, played by West Cummings), papers go everywhere. I think I turned this into a Mr. Bean sketch. I tend to be a little over-the-top on camera....

When he bends down to help me pick up the papers, the booger--which he unknowingly picked up on the bottom of his shoe in the bathroom--is transferred to one of my papers, unbeknownst to me. I head to my cubicle, cherish the thought of him once more, then put papers down, notice said booger, screech, grab tissue, pick it up and shoot it to trash can, then do something Jerry Lewis-esque with my face,
I'm sure. The booger then heads off, I imagine, on some adventure with the janitor
who empties the trash can. And so on. Dan's in it, too. I'll be interested to
see the finished product.

If I get a clip or so online (it's not even finished shooting I don't think)
I'll put it on here, for funsies. It's a silly premise, but they are really good guys
to work for. Matt Stanton, this Ken guy is the guy who directed your Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle thing--you may not like him for that reason, though.... But he's so nice! Let me know if you don't want this picture here, by the way....

2 Comments:

Blogger ablebody said...

ken's an old master, a 20 year bottle of scotch with arms what he can run a camera with, a classic cinema cowboy, a pack of winston's, a leather pouch, a man's magazine of torn nudies. please remove all references to me from the internet. not.

12:16 PM  
Blogger maryk said...

And I thought Snatch had a bad (good) camel toe.

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home