Tuesday, September 05, 2006

2 things, 1 post. Today is a time of efficiency.

Ultrababyfat is playing at The Earl on Friday night.

check out their website. It's a little outdated, so don't pay attention to any info. But they have music for listening. Pictures for looking. Aren't they adorable? And I don't really use or like using the word adorable.
Shonali said they finished this cd a way long time ago, and then she moved to NYC, so they're just NOW getting around to releasing the cd.

UPDATE: Holy shit, I think at the exact time i have been writing this, they were updating both their myspace and their band website. So now, their info is correct and up to date and there are a few songs from the new album on their myspace page--check it!

Secondly.

TOMMY FUTCH WEDNESDAY NIGHT as Monologist for Doug Dank! I love Tommy Futch. The first live improv show i ever saw was Tommy's Laughing Matters show at The Pepper Pot which isn't even around anymore, and for excellent reason. I won an Easy Bake Oven that night! There's a story about that in another post.

It's sort of what spurred me from closet sketch writing into actual performing for the first time. The rest, as they say, is ...hilarity! See what I did?! Why did i ever stop writing sketches in the closet?!

He's awesome, and a very very very funny fellow, should be an excellent time of stories that are told by a person who is well-liked.

Read his bio from the Doug Dank site if you're so inclined.
I highly recommend it.

Please come out and check it out. How could it go wrong? (a-jinx) Hilarious guy, hilarious other guys...whassnottalike?!
Push Push Theatre
10:00 pm
45 minutes
$5.

Cookies and beer.

4 Comments:

Blogger rp said...

pepper pot...heh

3:36 AM  
Blogger maryk said...

YEA! So glad you came out.

And that wasn't even one of the better shows, i didn't think. the last two have been kinda not my favorite, says mary, safely from the audience. Better than last week, and on its way back, but...something. I feel it bouncing back, though. And, please come back again. You know Stephen Platinum and his f-ed up stories....

1:17 PM  
Blogger maryk said...

And when i say that about the show, i didn't mean Tommy's monologisting. I thought he did a great job, and I really hope he comes back to do it again. But, just knowing him, I knew he'd do it seemlessly.

6:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too-Hoo . . . and then all of the feelings in the world were snuffed out like a birthday candle at the beach - that never really got lit very well anyways - because the wind was blowing too hard - and the match kept going out before ever really getting to the wick of the candle . . . and then when it finally did get to the wick - the wind just blew blw blew it all kind of out . . .

Sniff - snoof - snuff . . .

Seriously though - sorry that I missed out on the story time last night - I had to put the house on the market today - and was in a mad russian frenzy to get me ducks in all kinds of a row in time . . .

And now I'm a boob -

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home