Tuesday, August 07, 2007

#5 in the imdb credits, G

That'd be Mike Schatz!
That'd be the Aqua Teen Hunger Force Movie credits.
And this'd be a complete copy of the post i did in March.

He's also been in, obviously, the ATHF tv show for years, as well as Frisky Dingo.
He even has a wikipedia page.
Mike and I did a TLC/Trading Spaces ad one time, and i think nearly got fired because we laughed so much during the whole shoot. God, he just makes me laugh. So laid back, but so so funny.
Here's his profile from the ad agency where he works, Blue Sky:

Mike

Hometown:

Fairfax, VA

What needs changing around Blue Sky:

An underground tunnel from his house to the office

Most embarrassing moment:

Ambulance ride from corporate softball game

Favorite snack:

Chocolate milk laced with Ambien

I remember seeing Mike onstage with Laughing Matters improv group like 10 years ago.
It was a show that started my own journey towards performing.
Not really in the "wow, they have really inspired me" kind of way, but more in the "wow, i could do better than THAT" kind of way.
I'M KIDDING.
They were hilarious. Mike Schatz, Mark Harris, Tommy Futch, Gary Anthony Williams, and Brian Sack. At the Pepper Pot. I won an Easy Bake Oven.
Anyway.

Mike will be the monologist this Wednesday at The Doug Dank Project at Push Push in Decatur.
Come out and hear him talk about stuff! And please, help spread the word.
$5
10pm
Wednesday
beer/cookies
Dank!
Push!

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know him well.... at least as well as one guy who e-mails you and says "Hey, that profile you have of me is lacking." based on the fact that I should have done them myself.... can know someone.

And now i'm going to go edit some of the other ones before I get more e-mails. :D

9:30 PM  
Blogger maryk said...

john,
well, i just checked out the atc site, and i have to tell you, my profile is updated and lacking in no way whatsoever. In fact, it's more detailed than it probably should be. ...but that's ok with me.

Thanks for the shout out on there.

11:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I actually beat you to it and added the last paragraph like an within an hour of my last post. The ones that actually have more detail are the ones that I added. The ones that don't were made by "That other guy" who decided to quit on me. Either that, or I honestly couldn't think of anything though.

Just I need to cover my rear now since 2 [as] staffers took offense to our inadvertently posting "Joke" pictures that apparently they don't like and are trying to remove from the interwebs. In Mike's case, I think he just wanted the attention... lucky for him I was bored. But I kid... we had a nice e-mail convo going for a bit. :D

Hey BTW: Do you know if they'll be a show like around Labor Day? I'm probably coming in for DragonCon and not much else. x_x

Thanks Mary, you rock! :)

12:34 AM  
Blogger maryk said...

There will be a show, barring unforeseen circumstances, every wednesday, as far as i can see.
so, take your labor day, on a monday, right? and that wednesday 2 days later should have a doug dank happening. When the hell is labor day? but, yeah, should be a show. no idea WHO will be the monologist, but it's always worth $5. I'll buy you a pbr, too, if you come by. if i'm working the bar. if you drink.
~mk

12:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah poops... apparently Labor Day weekend doesn't include a Wednesday... unless of course I decide to stay in Hotlanta... yeah, that'll happen. :D

Of course things could always change, i'm honestly not sure what my plan is yet for that weekend aside from going to that Con thingy (also Snyder told me I should get a tour of WS when I saw him back in November.) I haven't even really planned anything. In fact i'm hardly done planning my Cali trip this July. Things will happen eventually. Good things.

Thanks again. :)

10:01 AM  
Blogger ablebody said...

he killed. wish we coulda complimented his rad storytelling.

2:25 AM  
Blogger maryk said...

I heard he was great. and dan said it was possibly his (dan's) worst show ever, and nobody was clicking. But that mike was great.

11:04 AM  
Blogger ablebody said...

uh oh! since the repost includes the comments circa march 2007, is dan doomed to carbon copy his worst performance ever in august?
how can we break the cycle?
the answer lies somewhere at the bottom of a bottle of pot.

7:51 PM  
Blogger rp said...

i invented bottled pot.

5:45 PM  
Blogger John J. said...

Did I just get pushed back to the spring? YAY! I get to go to Comic-Con again.... ehh... but no one from [as] showed. x_x

2:36 AM  
Blogger maryk said...

me no understand, john j. ??

10:56 AM  
Blogger John J. said...

This is a new post, and yet I see old comments above. I thought I was mysteriously taken back to the spring. :)

9:51 PM  
Blogger maryk said...

oh shit. ok, that's as clear as a bell. I'm very dim. sorry.

10:40 PM  
Blogger John J. said...

Nah. It's me. I make things complicated. :D

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home