Friday, March 30, 2007

LUQMA!

I finally went to that fast-food Indian restaurant on church st? and scott blvd following a couple people's recommendations.

All i can say is -- what i got --I don't know what it was or what it was called-- but it was pretty fucking fantastic. and $5.

some lentil stuff, kinda like soup. and 1 piece of Nan that could've wrapped around my head. it was huge. and piping hot. i know this cuz i tried to wrap it around my head.
it was still hot even when i got home. i know this, cuz i tried the head thing again.
i ate it very noisily and disgustingly.
as if i were sweating and squatting in a steaming Bombay alley trying to hide from the police something that was in the food by eating it all before they showed up.
I'll be back.

p.s. i think what i got was called Dal Hyderabadi

6 Comments:

Blogger Overdroid said...

I remember my favorite Indian place in Hotlanta. But I don't remember the name. I do remember that the menu said (not a paraphrase), "please to do not blame us in the morning." I used to make my girlfriend laugh till she cried by making up more expansive versions of it while doing a bad Indian accent. Example: "In the morning, as you pray to Vishnu that the fire in your tender regions would be extinguished, and you curse the tender curried lamb that made you so, DO NOT fall so low that you would think on us with words of blame and accusation!"

6:06 AM  
Blogger maryk said...

next time you come into town, let's get a group and go.
if it's still there. if not, let's go somewhere else.
some non-veg. friends took me to a totally veg. indian place up scott blvd/lawr'ville hwy several months ago. it was unbelievable. and really reasonable. i'm scared to go back. i don't know how to order. dan and i keep forgetting about it, and asking someone who knows stuff to go with us.

10:27 AM  
Blogger maryk said...

p.s. when is the next time you're coming into town?

10:28 AM  
Blogger ablebody said...

stay in LA. mary stinks of curry. and dan washes his feet with her shirts.

10:54 AM  
Blogger maryk said...

he's not really lying.

11:25 AM  
Blogger Overdroid said...

He's not one to really speak of smells though. I'm not lying.

I'll come to Atlanta when I have money. Which could be a) Never or b) Tomorrow. I've been very very busy and very very broke lately.

By the way, you are both in the credits of Cartoon Overlord since you donated to the $100 box that runs the entire show.

I believe Able is listed as the Brash Minion and you are the Manapkin Minion.

www.cartoonoverlord.com

ossqwm - an eskimo word referring to the blubbery part of the ear. Term of endearment among lovers.

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home