Wednesday, February 20, 2008

FW: FW: FW: FW: FW: FW: INANE BLUE LAWS --please forward!!

FORWARD!
i'm short on time, so gonna just cut and paste this one from my friend Doug.
i've actually written senators about this before. i've written about other, bigger issues, too, but i'm just sayin, this shit is Stupid. notice the capital "S" - i don't capitalize much.

forward along, and SIGN!

unless you're just a sorry old asshole!

This year, there is a bill before the Georgia Legislature that would allow individual counties to hold referendums to decide whether or not that particular county would allow Sunday sales of alcohol. I know, I know, I know…online petitions are meaningless. Usually. This particular petition was mentioned in an article in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution website last night (http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/stories/2008/02/18/booze_0219.html). So, both the legislative powers-that-be and the conservative Christian groups rallying against such a law are aware of it. It's grown from just over 3,000 signatures to 9,300+ as I am typing.

So, if you detest (1) not being able to buy a six-pack on Sunday and (2) our state's inane Blue Laws….sign it and pass it on.

http://www.petitiononline.com/GASB138/petition.html

Yours in booze,

Doug

4 Comments:

Blogger beep said...

I have the same laws in my state.

6:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've signed it and put the "forward" on my livejournal.

*hugs*

10:36 AM  
Blogger rp said...

The signatures are up to 26,000 now. It's interesting, but the Governor doesn't seem willing to budge on this. I remember one particularly snide comment ole Sonny said, saying the blue laws encourage people to "plan ahead." Just what I need, a law against procrastination. State senators have been begging him to reconsider his booze bashin, as their constituents are demanding, to no avail. He says he'll veto any legislation retracting the blue laws. I petitioned and listed my affiliation as "Republican."

11:14 PM  
Blogger maryk said...

smart move, rp.
i know! i got that same letter after writing to him. what a ridiculous, unbudging asshole.
way to listen to to the people.
it's not the most important issue, but it makes me so mad b/c it's so f-ing OLD and STUPID and based on something that should have nothing to do with politics, whether i believe it or not.

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home