Friday, March 07, 2008

I like John Lewis

Dear Ms. Kraft:

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns regarding the protection of animal rights, specifically in regards to H.R. 1726, the Farm Animal Stewardship Purchasing Act. I appreciate hearing your views on this important issue.

I have always been an advocate for animal rights. Throughout my years in public service I have continuously supported legislation that protects animals from undue harm. I support a wide variety of measures to protect animals, including, H.R. 3219, the Dog Fighting Prohibition Act, H.R. 297, which protects horses from slaughter, H.R. 1558, which prohibits Internet remote hunting (what the hell is Internet remote hunting?!?), and H.R. 1688, which prohibits "canned hunting," or the shooting of captive, tame animals within enclosed areas, among other bills. Therefore, I have signed on as a co-sponsor for the Farm Animal Stewardship Purchasing Act.

The welfare and humane treatment of all animals will continue to be important to me. Rest assured that I will continue to support legislation to protect animals from mistreatment, cruelty, and neglect.

Again, I appreciate your taking the time to write me on this issue and hope you will continue to contact me on issues of concern to you. Also, please visit my web site at http://www.house.gov/johnlewis/ for more information.

Sincerely,

John Lewis
Member of Congress

2 Comments:

Blogger John J. said...

A real "wtf" moment right there. I can only imagine the people who do INTERNET HUNTING. What's next? Internet Bounty Hunting?

7:34 PM  
Blogger rp said...

Not nearly as fun as real hunting, unfortunately.

1:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home