Thursday, June 22, 2006

"Adorable basic cable network VH-1" looks to Channel 101 for new sketch pilot

I'm happy for these guys.
Sounds like they're doing what they want to do, and TV is letting them.
That doesn't sound like TV.
I guess this will be just like channel101.com (but with much better production values I'd imagine), the sketches are completely self-contained short episodes of shows where the audience decides what gets "picked up" and what doesn't.
I think that's how it's gonna work.
That'll be a tough turn-around, but i guess if they're getting paid for it now, they can dedicate all of their time to it.

I'm looking for when this will air.
I guess for the fall?

How does TV work, again?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mainstream TV stealing the vote based rating model developed by Channel 101 kind of makes me nervous. I was speaking to The Matts about this a couple of days ago...

I know I should be excited about this, but I still have some gross feelings about it... All these major media companies starting webcasts like Turner, and Comedy Central... I can't help thinking they're just looking for free content. like when an audition asks you to improvise characters for them, they're just going to steal.

I do hope this changes the way TV is made, even if it's in a small way.

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Friggin small world. I've known about this project for awhile, cuz one of my best friends in LA is the prod coordinator. It's supposed to be pretty damn funny. After they first finished it up, VH1 came back and said they loved it but wanted them to do some that used and focused on women - YEAH! They wrap on Monday. And I was invited to sit with the big dogs at this month's Channel 101 that happened tonight, but my flight left LA at 2 : (

12:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and they haven't been officially picked up so no airdate officially announced yet. Sona's waitin to find out if she's got a job...
I believe Jack Black's prod co is backing this. He and Dan Harmon are good friends.

12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home