Monday, June 19, 2006

Steve Coulter does Doug Dank

This week's monologist will be Steve Coulter, local actor, teacher and filmmaker, and recent winner of the South Eastern Media Award at the 2006 Atlanta Film Festival--- he and his wife Dee's screenplay adaptation of Helen Frost's "Keesha's House." The Award includes $$ and production-oriented prizes to help make the film, which he will direct. At the staged reading, David Silverman and I shouted obscenities from just off-stage for one particular scene. I agreed to it, because I would've probably be already doing that, were i just sitting in the audience. This way was much less offensive, and a smidge more socially acceptable.
Steve's very good.
You should come see him.

Another treat for this week's Doug Dank Project is the addition of Matt Young as guest improvisor! Matt was one of the founding member of Dad's Garage Theatre and now lives and works as an actor/improvisor/musician (Captain Genius) in L.A.
Matt's very good.
You should come see him.

I'll sell you beer or a ticket.

10:00pm Push Push Theatre on Wednesday.
45 minutes.
$5!! What a freaking bargain.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt "beer commercial" Young?
I'll be there.

2:06 PM  
Blogger rp said...

Are you sure he's gonna be there? I heard he and Stanton were heading down to Macon.

5:47 PM  
Blogger maryk said...

They're not going there til Thursday. Or maybe it's wednesday but coming back. Either way, they'll be there. Steve's the one we're not 100% sure about. He'll be driving back from some audition in Wilmington.

5:53 PM  
Blogger cruchic said...

I'm here in Macon with stankonia and young. mk is correct! they're coming back to do the show. then coming back down to macon. they are crazy s.o.b.'s.

2:17 PM  
Blogger BWood said...

I'll try... I'll try. If I can get the young'un to bed by nine I'll be there (if they're home, alone and asleep, that's not considered negligent is it?).

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home