Wednesday, June 25, 2008

"What's your beef, Stew?"

I've done no research whatsoever, but my google calendar says that the improvised sitcom "The Factory" is supposed to come on this coming up Sunday! I believe it's going to be on Spike.
If memory serves, i blogged about this before, because it's a Mitch Rouse project -- Mitch was in Laughing Matters here in Atlanta a long time ago, with Tommy Futch, Leslie Sharp (the Simpson to my Snatch), Keith Hooker (the hooker to Leslie's Simpson), et al....

He also was a co-creator (so say the credits, right robert? you know more about this than me) of Strangers with Candy, and apparently is good friends with Amy Sedaris, Stephen Colbert, Paul Dinello, etc.... They were all in Exit 57 together, and i'm guessing did Second City at same time.

anyway, the show The Factory has as one of the leads David Pasquesi, better known to SWC fans as Stew the Meat Man. I've also heard from people who've seen him at improv festivals, that he's a pretty amazing improvisor.

i hope the show's successful!

2 Comments:

Blogger tuppenhut said...

Mitch Rouse played the (sometimes undercover) cop at Flatpoint High, but was more of behind the scenes kind of guy.

4:03 PM  
Blogger PANIC said...

Mitch Rouse, Stephen Colbert, Paul Dinello and Any Sedaris all worked together in the same cast at second city. I was lucky enough to see them perform there live and they rocked it every night!! It was their non stop, up in your face, take no prisoners attitude that put them on the map!!! I've been a fan of those funny four since they left second city. Exit57 and Strangers with candy were both the brain children of the four of them. They kick ass!!! I can't wait to see the other episodes of the Factory! Bring it.

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home