Saturday, January 28, 2006

Anybody home?

The Decemberists ---I don't know anything about this band, but I've heard them mentioned by non-squares in a lot of cool circles. Haven't I? You tell me, you are the cool people I learn these things from.

Well, Colin Meloy, the frontman, will be playing a solo, live acoustic webcast tonight, Saturday night, on NPR. Article says he will be performing this solo work along with Laura Veirs, singer-songwriter.

All of this begins at approximately 7:30pm.

I'm just sayin.
UPDATE:
They have the taped live performance available here.
I find this funny, PBR is the sponsor for this concert. Worth it just to listen to the NPR-voice-guy say, "Pabst Blue Ribbon beer" at the beginning.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Collin Meloy has an album of acoustic Morrisy covers. And his first band, Tarkio has some nice non-seafaring type songs as well.

how's that for cool? seriously, tell me, because it makes me feel better.

11:55 AM  
Blogger cdubthebabyshooter said...

Ow! Let me try. The Decemberists have recently been joined by Petra Haden, former member of that dog and The Rentals. She sings a Kate Bush cover in concert and it is awesome.

Clunky and C-Dub, tag team of Decemberist knowledge... (I learned everything I know from him).

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home