Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Don't let me be the last to know


I try. I do. But I'm always a little behind on this type of stuff. BUT, I know I'm not the only one, so I will be the second generation passer-onner of information like this. Pop culture-y stuff.
In the same vein of Clunky's post about the awesome Live-action Punch-Out, George F. and I listened to Group X a couple times on a car trip. And I found some Flash Animation videos people have put together of their songs/raps. This is the Mario Twins one. Not to be confused with this Group X.

So, apparently, March 4th they will have a dvd release show here in Atlanta at Under the Couch on the Ga Tech campus.

Did you know that?

...Do you care?

What the coook is Under the Couch?

6 Comments:

Blogger ablebody said...

i honestly think that dvd release party was in 2004, possibly 2003. cuz i went. and they took so goddam long to go on we had to leave.

3:30 AM  
Blogger maryk said...

The website says 2006. So you bought tix and never saw them?

10:16 AM  
Blogger rp said...

i saw group x at under the couch, quite possibly the same show ablebody mentioned. i recall some people left to do scandal, i think during the western season. i've seen group x a couple of times, and they put on the worst possible show you could ever imagine...in a good way. unfortunately, under the couch is a shitty venue. it's in the basement of the couch building on the tech campus. (hence, under the couch, harharhar) it's tiny and not particularly well-designed, kinda like the drunken unicorn. yeah, group x is teh shit.

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When we saw them at Under the Couch (thanks for remembering I was there jerks...) The funniest member of the gorup "Blade" had left the band to go to college or something...

Does this current incarnation feature his fine comedy talents? If not skip it.

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my bad, replace "Blade" with "Hashmeer" he was the good one.

Now you've fudged the bucket, and told me too many words to know.

3:23 PM  
Blogger maryk said...

That was a good one, clunky. that whole phone call was hilarious. "I've been workin here fur 17 years, how long have YOU been in this country?!"

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home