Wednesday, April 12, 2006

for those not on myspace

i salute you, with ...this....
This Wednesday, the 12th, and every Wednesday, at Push Push Theatre in Decatur!
Cheap beer, good stories, great improv, hot cookies*, crunchy delicious girls**, $5 admission to the coolest show in town. ***

Go here for more info and some added videos.
Show starts at 10:00pm, lasts 45 minutes. You can do this!

This week's monologist is Jay Carlson (theplug.net, gushparty.com -- hilarious writer). It's worth $5 just for that, but you get so much more.
Next Wednesday's monologist, Steve Yockey, then Alex Orr of Fake Wood Wallpaper Films, and Jamie Warde: technical director at Dad's Garage Theatre,
Hunter S. Thompson-uber-fan, one of my just plain ole favorite all-around nice guys who makes every night "New Year's Eve!"

*guaranteed
**not guaranteed
***though i realize that by calling it cool, it intrinsically loses some of its coolness.

6 Comments:

Blogger Machinistscott said...

Whats the address mary?

I'm thinking of blowing my gas budget and coming to the big city.
I could use a good laugh.

3:13 PM  
Blogger Machinistscott said...

nevermind, I found it.

3:15 PM  
Blogger maryk said...

ok, it's in decatur. Make sure you have the New St. address. (actually called New Street, not a "new" street address....)
Unfortunately I won't be there this week, out of town, and i'm kicking myself.

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now - by saying "for those not on myspace" are you pointing a finger directly at me?! Because man - oh man do I ever have thin skin - I was the one who indeed could not take the heat and then vamoosed out of yonder kitchen - calling the pot and kettle black the entire time that I ran . . .

Oh and after all of that - I stopped for a second and picked a myspace account

hoop hoop hoop!

5:26 PM  
Blogger maryk said...

I'm poking your thin, myspaceless skin with my pointy, judgemental finger. For I scarcely remember not having a myspace account--3 months ago.

Note to self:
Judge Mental would make a good myspace name. Or at the least a great sitcom. Change your name and Write that show! Do it for once, Mary, instead of TALKING about it! Your instincts have never been more true or right or good.

5:45 PM  
Blogger ablebody said...

thanks for the plug! i think we got 10 people last night. and by 'got' i mean cooked and ate.

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home