Saturday, June 30, 2007

Let me just say

When Unknown Hinson AND his 2 band members took (TOOK!) the stage, i could NOT wipe the grin off my face for 45 minutes.

They are a great band.
Unknown is an unbelievable performer.
Totally committed.

I begged "Simpson" to stay -- the smoke was killing her.
And she stayed.
And she was so so glad.

What an awesome show.

We sucked it up (well, not really, i just didn't tell anyone i was "Krystal" and do any lines from the show--about 7 people came up to us and told us they liked what we did, the ones who recognized us without our "stuff" on.)

I'm buzzed.
sleep.

5 Comments:

Blogger ablebody said...

MAN. MAAAAAAAAAN.

i wish i'd come. i was in a restless funk and wanted to sleep. so i kinda slept and wished i'd gone out.

glad u guys had a blast-a-thon.

3:30 PM  
Blogger Brian Bannon said...

Y'all played the f'in Earl!!! I'm jealous.

Way to go rock stars. Start playing out more often. Send a tape to Lenny's and Drunken Unicorn (for the all-ages S&S crowd) or even that hip, indie Teahouse on Edgewood.

Ya gotta see S&S live, man.

6:44 PM  
Blogger maryk said...

for one day's notice on the 5 minute gig, i didn't think it was bad.
it was just a proverbial tough crowd. couple guys without shirts on, rebel yells, really drunk people. apparently the squids dvd was skipping some, and they were heckling the projector. like the actual device, not the person.
I guess when you start off your act with "ok, we like to get a feel for the room.....who here's ever fucked a can of crisco?" you have to expect the unexpected (the worst.).

10:19 AM  
Blogger Brian Bannon said...

I was once fucked BY a can of crisco.

Had to use a lot of butter.

6:24 PM  
Blogger John J. said...

It really annoys me that I live nowhere near the state of Georgia. I'm anxious to see the fun on the Sept 1st Unknown show. I may go... y'know since i'll be out there anyways.

12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home