Wednesday, January 11, 2006

she said you gonna stay?

i said if you want me to, yes.

drove to savannah today, and brought with me Bob Dylan (Desire), Steely Dan (Aja) and The Kinks (Well Respected Kinks).
i think my favorite album of all time is "Desire." (looks like you can go here and listen to samples)
i missed an exit listening to "Isis."
part of the reason i love it so much may have to do with where i was when i heard it for the first time--Montana, summer, with a group of super cool people, really honestly super cool and hilarious--you all would absolutely agree with me on that, with Glacier Natl. Park literally a mile behind me.
it's a pretty unbelievable place to do anything.
Now, drink your big black cow, and get outta here.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember falling in love with "Isis" in Montana. But I was in the southwest of Montana. Still, it's some sort of spiritual connection, n'est pas?

11:04 AM  
Blogger ablebody said...

just don't drink scotch whiskey all night long and die behind the wheel.

3:55 PM  
Blogger maryk said...

Look, I cried when I wrote this song.
Sue me if I play too long.
I saw you at Rudy's.
You were very high.
...you were HIGH.

4:44 PM  
Blogger maryk said...

p.s.
you have to do your Michael McDonald sneezing impression for Leslie.

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home