Thursday, July 05, 2007

"101 Ways to Slam a Door"

This is Gush Party's very funny working title for Tyler Perry's House of Payne.

I slipped up and didn't tell anyone about the episode i was on last night.
Maybe you saw it.
I'm guessing if you weren't in the actual room with me, and if you read this blog, you probably did not see it.
But i was a social worker, very much the 'straight man' in this episode.
I don't do straight man so much.
It was alright.
What it said was "i am just trying to get through this. quickly, and fairly believably."
I sort of met that goal.
sort of.
episode's called "father knows best" or something like that. ?
awwwwwdip. just found this. watch it online!
jump to part 3 to skip right to my scene....
damn that sounds terrible. but, well. ...
Dan was in it, too. playing a persnickety photographer.
think he's towards the middle/end of part 3.
one of his two lines was cut. awwww.
brian bremer was the mayor's aide.
he had a really funny moment with a purse, but i bet nobody will ever notice.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't get the clips to play on Macs, dammit!

10:26 PM  
Blogger maryk said...

really? that's weird.
hmmmm.

11:51 PM  
Blogger onthetowns said...

I saw you, Mary - and your handbag antic. Well played!

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ARGH! I ran into the Mac problem too. "Sorry, this clip requires Microsoft Windows to play." It's a conspiracy!

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It never advances past the Allstate commercial for me. Le sigh.

4:16 PM  
Blogger beep said...

I watched the show on Wednesday, I didn't even recognize you. I have small case of A.D.D.

7:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mary,

You did a terrific job. I hope this show gives a lot of actors a paycheck before it either fizzles into the ground under the weight of its own forced laugh track, or it takes flight under the wings of Mr Coulter's writing and the social worker and photographer become spinoff characters, a'la Frasier and Lilith. Or the cast of "AfterM*A*S*H".

Brian was great too. He and Marion could have their own adult advice program.

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home