Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Christmas present idea

Here's what I think would be a good Christmas present idea. And I know how you all beg to hear what I think about EVERYthing. Enough, alrehehehady heh heh ha heh ohhhh. It's Francis Ford Coppola's Zoetrope: All Story.
If you know people who like to read short stories and look at pictures and don't like ads and don't have a lot of money, then this is what you want. to give them. Or if that person is you, then this is what you want. to give yourself.
If... then.... That's always been a very satisfying pairing (no, that doesn't sound right...) or whatever that is. If you know what that's called, then let me know.
Found this. Conditional propositions, I guess they're called. School was a long time ago. But I likes ta read the picture books! If...then...else...BOOLEAN!

I tried to look up and figure out exactly what an actual zoetrope is, and my eyes started to burn.

So, anyway, the stories aren't all winners, but they're all very different and very interesting for the most part. If I hadn't cancelled my gym membership, this is what I'd be reading at the gym on the thingee with the wheels that you do the thing on. I'd even conditioned myself to the point where I'd look at the issue on the coffee table, and think, well, I'll just go to the gym so I can read it.

Now I enjoy it with Snickers and burritos.


They also have two anthologies (for only $12.00 each!) that "include some of the best short stories to have appeared in Zoetrope: All-Story, new fiction commissioned exclusively for these volumes, and original essays on film." I have the one from 2000, but want to get the newer 2003 issue.

Why am I pushing so hard for you to order this??

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seconded. This is my favorite magazine. Perhaps it would help the fence-sitters to know that the next issue's guest designer is Tom Waits. Here's hoping the theme is murder in a red barn.

9:33 AM  
Blogger maryk said...

YES, indeed. I meant to put that on there. Thanks. I'm not sure why I posted about that at all, really.

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home