Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Stomping. Shouting? Screaming!


The feature-length film I shot one year ago, Stomp! Shout! Scream!, will have its world premiere on October 21, 2005 as part of the Austin Film Festival and Screenwriters Conference. Exciting! The guy who wrote and directed it is editor and producer for Aqua Teen Hunger Force. It's been described as a "comedic head-on collision between '60s beach party teen flicks and a good old-fashioned monster. Add a retro soundtrack and you've got the makings of a cult classic." (from filmforce.ign.com)

For the interested among you 4 or 5 people out there reading this, he has an online journal documenting the process from beginning to end, well, beginning to current. Several people, myself included, submitted journal entries. There are lots of pictures, which are fun and easy to look at. He actually started the journaling at the request of filmforce.ign.com who posted the progress and updates on their site, as well. I'm not quite sure what the hell that filmforce site is all about. mc chris is interviewed on it, and it's a long damn interview.

I sure am link-happy. (You'd expect me to link something there, wouldn't you? For the joke. I'm not even trying anymore!)

Oh, doing that movie was so much fun. it was soooo nice if ONLY for being paid to go to Bradenton, FL for several days, dress up like a girl-band-girl and drink beer.
And Bradenton's some kindsa rich folk beach. Whew!

5 Comments:

Blogger ablebody said...

are you not going to your movie premiere???!!!! i think you should. it's playing twice. dude. road trip. austin kicks major ass. do it. listen to my keyboard type these letters...tap tip tackity go bitch.

6:02 PM  
Blogger maryk said...

I may have a short film shooting that weekend, and even if I didn't, I can't even afford the hotel room.

11:53 AM  
Blogger ablebody said...

i have in-laws there! rich ones!
i'm sure stacey wouldn't mind hooking you up. right, stacey? aw sure she doesn't. stace? ...give it a sec, sometimes it sticks...stacey? you don't mind right? yeah, i swear it's easy. in fact, we don't need to call - you just show up and they'll let you crash. yeah, do it.

4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! Mary! Go!

I was last in Bradenton twenty-six years ago. I remember the beach. (my grandparents lived there.)

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!

Congratulations!

Whoo-hoo!

You should *go*

(My best Ben Stiller imitation) "Do it. Just do it."

Hugs, Josie

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home