Monday, October 10, 2005

I need a haircut. Bad. ly.

I didn't realize how much I needed a haircut til it finally rained. Holy crap.

Here is a nice problem to have. I've been holding out on committing to a 4 day job til I hear about this 1 day job that would pay just about the same thing--which in the regular world is actually a lot of pay for a 4 day job and
stupid for a one day job.
Found out today that I didn't get booked on the one day job which had as its only requirement that a woman pound on a piece of steak like she didn't think it would really accomplish anything.
And I didn't get that job.

So instead, for 4 days at the GWCC or some place similar, I'm going to be an upscale mom---I am neither upscale nor a mom. But it's work! And there are some fun people working the job with me. And I get to act like I have a regular real job, nice clothes and babies. What I love is that they actually go far enough into the back story of this character to say that her occupation is lobbyist for Glaxo-Smith-Kline in Washington, DC.---she has 2 kids and another on the way.....waaaait, do they think I look pregnant? Maybe my hair isn't my biggest
appearance problem. Or maybe I AM PREGNANT?! Just WHO is resPONSIBLE for THIS?! I was taking my G-S-K pills... This isn't supposed to happen. Oh, well, that's life on the Big Pharma! Green acres and all. And besides, BABIES are ADORABLE! If you don't believe me, just go to a grocery store during the day during the week! JUST aDORable, I tell you! And don't you go and get me started on those precious moms....

They tell us a
day before the audition in an email that we had to "make up a short improv" about this character using some bulleted points of info. Then we had to act like we were dodging things coming at us (which were to be ideas and information), then focus our attention on one of these that we WANTED, and-- in slow motion--grab "it," and make some sort of vocalization about finally finding what we're looking for. What I choose to do at this moment, with arm raised in gladiator-like triumph and slightly crossed eyes, sounded something like---WeeaaaaaHOOOOOOOO! THIS job I GET?!?

It's all HOOEY I tell you. HOOEY.

*note* In looking for a link between birth control and Glaxo Smith Kline, I ran across this site---it's interesting because the first sentence to show up on the google search synopsis is, and I quote:
"
By taking the birth control pill I have yet to injure my good knee, ..."
Reminds me of the Lewis Black bit about the horse comment he overheard in an IHOP:
"If it wasn't for the horse, I never would've gone to college."


5 Comments:

Blogger ablebody said...

avoid the haircut and presto! you have the most effective birth control on the planet.

11:45 PM  
Blogger maryk said...

That's crazy...like a fox.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Anne Elser said...

Wanna get a fun, cheap haircut? Go to the Aveda Institute right next to Disco Kroger on Piedmont. They charge only $12.00 for a cut. It's great! And you can get an appointment fast. Takes a little longer becuse they are students, but I love the energy there. It's a positive place to be. Kinda like Portfolio Center, but for salon services, rather than advertising. Oh, and color is cheap, too.

9:05 AM  
Blogger ablebody said...

just wanna point out: that picture from psycho sexualis is from period piece.
heh.
fuck yeah i'm good. i'm like a bloodhound of wit.

6:25 PM  
Blogger maryk said...

That's bloody brilliant, guv'nah.

I'm going to make an appt. at the Aveda Inst. today!
~mk

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home